This is the spot for what’s happening in Vermont regarding the peer workforce. Check here for information on conferences and meetings sponsored by the Coalition, its members, the designated mental health agencies, Vermont Department of Mental Health, and other community partners.
For information regarding upcoming trainings, please check out our training page.
HEALING VOICES WORKSHOP SERIES
By Gloria van den Berg, Executive Director for Alyssum
At Alyssum, 927 Rt 100 North, Rochester Vt. 05767
Contact: 802-767-6000 or *protected email* or visit our website at https://www.alyssum.org/
Cost: $75 per session or $200.00 for all three. Lunch provided, scholarships available
RSVP as space is limited
• A three part series on understanding, working with and Healing Voices
• Group participation and feedback by Voice Hearers and their Support Team members is encouraged.
Part 1: Friday July 28: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
CHANGING THE WAY WE THINK ABOUT HEALING VOICES:
• Examining mind, the brain, energy, senses and spiritual nature
• Mindfulness, mind management (meditation) and staying in the present
• Looking at the terms “real” and “delusional”
• The role of trauma
• Non-attachment and the role it plays as it relates to support
• How do our belief systems impact hope and stigma?
• Defining different types of Voices: Trauma based and “Other”
Part 2: Friday August 25: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
WORKING WITH PERSONAL OR TRAUMA BASED VOICES: hands on practice and discussion
• Allowing for hope and reducing fear
• Interactive discussion and role play
• Worksheets, journaling, sequential healing and interactions with the Voices.
o Defining the Voices
o Making meaning of the Voices
o Working with the Voices
o Integrating the Voices
Part 3: Friday September 29: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
WORKING WITH VOICES WHICH ARE “OTHER” (not personal or trauma based)
• Problem solving & teamwork
• Managing the mind and energy cycles
• Staying grounded – understanding mind, energy and different levels of consciousness
• Creating and maintaining boundaries
• The role of spirituality and non-attachment as it relates to psychosis
• Staying connected & self care (for team members)